Safety heat exchangers
When safety is your number one priority
The range of safety shell-and-tube heat exchangers is based on the “three chamber devices” principle, which was developed
and patented by the company’s founder Karl-Heinz Funke.
Operating principle of a safety heat exchanger
Here with double tubes, double sheets and leak sealing liquid
- Media separated by double tube bundles, media cannot mix
- Special sealing liquid for immediate leak indication
- Leakage system works independently of the installation position
- Leakage detection is possible through process control
- Suitable for a wide range of liquid media
Safety heat exchangers are used wherever the highest requirements for product purity in process engineering (e.g., food/pharmaceutical industry) are required, where there is an environmental risk of contaminating cooling or process water, or because mixing of the media can damage the machine or system.
FUNKE offers three versions for different requirements: